- the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (AU Privacy Act); and
- the New Zealand Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) (NZ Privacy Act), (each the Privacy Act)
Our handling of personal credit information is also subject to the applicable Privacy Act and the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014 (Cth) and/or Credit Reporting Privacy Code 2020 (NZ).
Collection of personal information
The personal information that we collect about an individual will usually depend upon the products or services that are being provided, or that may be provided. That product or service may be provided to you or to another person connected to you.
The information we may collect about you , where you are an individual, may include some or all of the following:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number;
- your business name;
- your e-mail address;
- information about your business, including its size and business type
How we collect information
The personal information that we collect from you may be collected through various means including:
- from an application form completed by you or by a person connected to you;
- from information provide to us by you or by person seeking finance from Catch Me Loans (including through the Website);
- from information you otherwise provide to us, or our agents;
- from information and referrals provided by our business partners;
- from external data providers used by lenders, for example, credit reporting agencies or other credit providers, as well as other vendors and social media;
- by our accessing public databases, such as those maintained by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission;
- by our obtaining other information from third party commercial and business information providers;
- by email request to you; and/or
- by telephone contact with you.
We will not collect sensitive information about you without your consent except where we are authorised or required to do so by law. Sensitive information includes information about your race, political or religious beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal convictions, membership of professional or trade associations or unions or health information.
Uses and disclosure of personal information
We will only use or disclose personal information we collect about you:
- for the purpose for which it was collected;
- for related purposes for which you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information;
- for promotion or marketing purposes, where we are permitted by law to do so;
- for statistical and research purposes;
- where you have consented to us using or disclosing the information; or
- where we are required or otherwise permitted to do so by law.
The purposes for which we may use your personal information include to:
- assess and process your request and application for a financial product or service;
- assess and process a request for the provision of a financial product or service to a person or entity connected with you;
- complete and manage our transactions with you, including by deducting periodic payments due;
- communicate with you to send confirmations and to send account update notifications;
- manage our relationship with you, or a person or entity connected with you and respond to customer requests;
- help us to assess products that may suit your financial needs or the needs of a person or entity connected with you;
- send marketing communications and notify you of any products that may be of interest to you or a person or entity connected with you;
- enable us to meet our obligations under law, including under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) or under Australian taxation laws;
- post and review your comments on our blog, where you request us to do so; and/or
- produce data analytics and reports containing anonymised summaries derived from personal information and other information that is not personal information (General Information) that we may then share with business partners. (General Information may include personal information that has been aggregated, anonymized and that will not identify you.)
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related companies;
- our business partners, service providers, subsidiaries and affiliates that are assisting in the review or processing of a credit application with which you are connected, or with the provision of our services, such as by providing data storage and other similar services;
- our agents, the person who introduced you to us, contractors or other third party service providers, to enable them to provide administrative and other support services to us;;
- other credit providers;
- government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes; or
- people with or considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets.
Data sharing with our business partners
We may share personal information (including credit-related personal information) and business-related information with our business partners with whom you have an existing business relationship. Our business partners refer your details to us for the purpose of inviting you to apply for a business loan. If you apply for a loan, we will disclose certain personal information (including credit-related personal information) and business-related information to the relevant business partner. The information we disclose to the business partner is collected by us in the course of the application process, and in servicing your loan.
Our business partners use this information for the purposes of internal reporting, assessing and improving the customer experience, and for marketing and promotional activities.
How we hold personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is protected from loss, misuse and interference, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a range of physical and electronic security measures, such as access restrictions, to secure the personal information we hold. We also train our employees to keep our customers’ personal information confidential.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or for a longer period where we are required or authorised to retain the information under an applicable law.
- We may disclose your personal information to our business partners, service providers and subsidiaries and affiliates who are located overseas and/or do not carry on business in Australia in order to assist us in delivering our products and services to you, such as providing customer service, or securing data storage and other similar services.
- Where we do so, we will do so in compliance with applicable laws. It is likely that such disclosures will be made to persons in countries including the United States of America.
New Zealand Data
- We will store your personal information in locations to which Catch Me Loans has access or control.
- You consent your personal information being transferred from one country to the other (including via any intermediate country) as a function of transmission across the Internet. You acknowledge that some of the third-party storage providers, which provide services to Catch Me Loans under contract are based in other countries that may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws to New Zealand.
Access and correction
We try to ensure that all information about you that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may, at any time, request access to personal information (including your personal credit information) that we hold about you and, if there is an error (or our information about you is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date), you can advise us about this matter and we will, if needed, correct, amend or add to the information we hold about you, we will endeavour to do this within 20 working days. However should there be a delay we will let you know as soon as possible.
It is your responsibility to let us know if the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you would like to request access to the personal information that Catch Me Loans holds about you, please contact our Privacy Officer c/- Customer Support at: info@Catch Me Loans.com. or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact address listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 business days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as doing so is necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected (or any longer period authorised or required by law).
Marketing and option to opt out
Catch Me Loans may contact you to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing material and telephone solicitations or other forms of contact from Catch Me Loans by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our emails or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (and including your full name and business mailing email addresses) or by postal mail to us at the following address:
CATCH ME LOANS AU PTY LTD
PO Box 299
Preston VIC 3072
You may also opt-out from continuing to share any personal information that you have provide on our website for public display, such as through contributions to publicly accessible blogs or community forums and testimonials on the Website. You may do this by contacting us on the email address provided above.
Concerns or breaches
Catch Me Loans takes the security of your information very seriously.
In the event we become aware that personal information has been lost or subject to unauthorised access, misuse, interference, or disclosure, we will take steps to contain and rectify the data breach, as soon as practicable, prevent reoccurrence, and comply with any applicable notification obligations.
If you have a complaint about our treatment or our records of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (using the contact details provided above). Our Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and endeavour to resolve any issue to your satisfaction.
If we do not adequately answer your concerns, you have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)or the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner (OPC) if you believe we have breached an applicable Privacy Act, the Australian Privacy Principles, the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles, the Australian Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014, or the New Zealand Credit Reporting Privacy Code 2020 (or other applicable code). Complaints to the OAIC or OPC must be made in writing.
Further information about making a complaint to the OAIC and/or OPC can be found at:
Additional information relating to use of our Website
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and Website functionality.
We partner with third parties to display advertising on our Website and manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being presented with advertisements. You will continue to be presented with generic advertisements.
Security of Information
Catch Me Loans takes the security of your information very seriously. Catch Me Loans protects your information using bank-level data security: 128 bit-encryption and a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This creates an encrypted connection between your browser and our servers.
Additional Information – Links to third party sites
Last Updated in January 2022